One of my most cherished memories of Christmases past is savoring sweets at Granny’s house. She was famous for her beautiful holiday spice cakes, with pristine white frosting with perfect pecan halves and delicately cut and placed maraschino cherries in red and green to resemble Christmas flowers. I don’t recall liking the spice cake itself; it was too, well, spicy for a kid’s palate. But she also made awesome cookies. She made three kinds of cookies at Christmas: decorated sugar cutouts, black walnut cookies, and these… my personal favorite. I have her recipe. It is a perfect from-scratch recipe. But I tried this hack one year and never looked back.
This site is not only a home for my published works, it’s a blank canvas for me, Mama, to write about, post pictures of, and rant/rave about all things... Mostly funny, sometimes morose, always REAL.
- So tickled to wake up and see this wonderful review from @SarasotaMagazin. Four Generations of Local Women Collabor… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Labor of Love whatsmamawriting.com/2017/11/28/lab… via @wordpressdotcom 1 month ago
- I can’t believe next week is Thanksgiving and my birthday and soon I will be announcing a third book release! #yikes 2 months ago
- RT @altNOAA: Dear #KeyWest. The ocean is literally gone in The Bahamas, and it's heading your way. Still want to be there? #FloridaKeys htt… 4 months ago
- The TO DO LIST is at capacity and yet I just signed on for a new project with @x_tess_o! Gonna be FUN! 6 months ago