One of my most cherished memories of Christmases past is savoring sweets at Granny’s house. She was famous for her beautiful holiday spice cakes, with pristine white frosting with perfect pecan halves and delicately cut and placed maraschino cherries in red and green to resemble Christmas flowers. I don’t recall liking the spice cake itself; it was too, well, spicy for a kid’s palate. But she also made awesome cookies. She made three kinds of cookies at Christmas: decorated sugar cutouts, black walnut cookies, and these… my personal favorite. I have her recipe. It is a perfect from-scratch recipe. But I tried this hack one year and never looked back.
This blog is a blank canvas for me, Mama, to write about, post pictures of, and rant/rave about all things... Mostly funny, sometimes morose, always REAL.
- RT @altNOAA: Dear #KeyWest. The ocean is literally gone in The Bahamas, and it's heading your way. Still want to be there? #FloridaKeys htt… 1 month ago
- The TO DO LIST is at capacity and yet I just signed on for a new project with @x_tess_o! Gonna be FUN! 3 months ago
- @ItsDarciLynne @AGT I can't believe you kept THIS SECRET! I just watched the video on FB and was completely wowed! Best wishes! 4 months ago
- RT @ItsDarciLynne: I can't believe I got the golden buzzer!!! 4 months ago
- Hey! Listen to this! Tell Me Something Good - April 9th, 2017 with Michele Penn and Lela Hartsaw sarasotatalkradio.com/2017/04/tell-s… #abigailrosebook 6 months ago